6.16.2012

Foxes For Bloomsday.






From James Joyce's Ulysses
"Nestor" 



The cock crew







The sky was blue:









The bells in heaven






Were striking eleven.







Tis time for this poor soul







To go to heaven.




-- What is that?

-- What, sir?

-- Again, sir. We didn't hear.

Their eyes grew bigger as the lines were repeated. After a silence Cochrane said:

-- What is it, sir? We give it up.





Stephen, his throat itching, answered:









--- The fox burying his grandmother under a hollybush.







One Bloomsday, roses bloomed on a bush in my yard that hadn't had flowers for many years. Another Bloomsday, it was a mountain flower riot of rhododendrons













This year, it’s a skulk of foxes.












Not under a hollybush - under my front porch, right next to my door.






YES.  







3 comments:

  1. Wow! Great photos of those foxes.

    It's the first time I ever heard of a fox family living under someone's porch...that's special.

    Life is full of wonders...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are incredibly lucky. I'm envious. I want to see fox cubs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How curious and bold they are. Enchanting!

    ReplyDelete